Sri Lankan students may make an appointment by calling 0115 979797 or simply ‘pop in’ for an informal chat with one of our Student Counsellors. The Campus is located at 498, R.A. De Mel Mawatha, (Formerly Duplication Road), Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
Please note that generous scholarships are available for talented students and for those in financial need. To find out more, please contact one of our Student Counsellors by calling 0115 97-97-97 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You may download an Application Form and a Health Declaration Form from our website, and our Admissions Office will assist you process your application. The applicant will be confirmed as enrolled once the application has been reviewed and accepted by EIC’s Admissions Office and the University of Greenwich as qualifying. If necessary, the applicant will be interviewed via Skype. The Admissions Office will provide information to the applicant about student visa application and other necessary procedures. EIC may issue the applicant a ‘Conditional Offer Letter’ for visa application purposes.
The student’s passport, once accepted, must be valid for at least 12 months after the date of commencement of studies. The student must have a Sri Lankan Student Visa and evidence of sufficient funds to cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation in Colombo, living expenses and the cost of return flight to originating country for at least one academic year. It is also recommended that the student obtain a health insurance.
- Scanned Copy of Passport (It must be valid for at least another 12 months after the date of commencement of studies).
- Scanned copy (or electronic copy with electronic signature) of the Application Form with all required information filled in. Include supporting documents for the information in the Application Form.
- Passport size Photograph (Scanned or jpg format, in colour).
- Include all relevant certificates and diplomas (including high school, secondary school certificates and transcripts along with grades).
- Two reference letters (1 academic and 1 character reference).
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency. (IELTS certificate with a level 6 or higher, or another recognised English proficiency test with equivalent results.)
- Personal Statement (See Application Form for details).
- Duly filled out and signed Health Declaration Form.
- Evidence of sufficient funds (To cover tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses and travel for one academic year. This can be in the form of Bank Statements).
Scanned copies of the certificates will be used for assessment of eligibility. However, on arrival in Sri Lanka, the student must submit the original documents to the Admissions Office to verify the authenticity of these documents.
Student Visa Application:
- Once the student is accepted by EIC, an offer letter will be sent to the student (electronic version).
- The student confirms his/her acceptance of the offer and sends by Bank Transfer (Banks Transfer details below) a refundable deposit (40 USD) plus a fee to cover the cost of the Entry Visa (160 USD) making a total of 200 USD. The Entry Visa fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome.
- EIC will then apply on the student’s behalf for a Sri Lankan Entry Visa from the Sri Lankan Department of Immigration. Once the visa approval letter is received from the Department, the scanned letter will be sent to the student.
- The student may now travel to Sri Lanka.
- On arrival, the student must submit his/her passport, EIC Offer Letter and Entry Visa document to Immigration at the airport. A 30-day entry visa is issued over the counter. The student, with assistance from EIC, must then apply for a 12-month student visa within the 30 days.
Bank details for Payments:
Beneficiary name: Edulink International (Pvt.) Ltd.
Beneficiary address: No 498, R.A De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
Bank Name: Hatton National Bank PLC
Bank Address: HNB City Office Branch
HNB Swift Code: HBLILKLX
HNB Bank Code: 7083
Account Number: 0020105551736
Payment reference: Your student ID number (This should be included in your Offer Letter).